
I had a horrible dream last night that Teddy got lost. Even worse, Alan & I let him get lost. As in, "Oh well, we'll just walk off & leave him right there. He'll be there when we come back in 30 minutes". It was...a nightmare. In the dream Alan kept saying Teddy would be fine, for me to just calm down.
Now anyone that knows Alan & I knows a couple things: 1) Alan & I would never let Teddy get lost on purpose, & 2) Alan would never be calmly telling me it was alright--he'd be freaking out worse than me, if that's possible. So I know that my exact nightmare scenario has an infinitesimal chance of happening.
But that doesn't mean Teddy couldn't get separated from us somehow. And the thought makes my blood run cold.
So it was very serendipitous that Teddy's special ed teacher told me this morning that she's been working on helping Teddy learn his address, phone number, & both of his parents' full names. This is something that we've worked with Teddy on at home, but it would never stick (mostly because of screaming yelling fits). Ms. Y is testing him on not only learning all that info, but writing it down. Plus, she's been talking to him about who you should & should not give that info to.
I of course told her how much I appreciated her teaching him these extremely practical life skills. She's been a guardian angel to Teddy through the years.
Now I'm hoping for a better night of sleep tonight.


No comments:
Post a Comment