Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ginger

And now on to Ginger.  Teddy again got his way, even though he'd said he didn't want another dog after Buster was gone.  But I liked a coonhound named Blue & Alan liked a shepherd mix named Duke, so it became evident we were going to get one of those dogs soon to be our new pet.  So Teddy decided he liked another dog--a really pitiful looking creature from the animal shelter.
We were skeptical of her, since she tried to escape while we were visiting with her in the little fenced yard they have at the shelter.  No surprise how she ended up there!  But she was friendly enough & small enough that Teddy wasn't threatened by her.
So on May 12th I brought her home.  And by the end of the day, she looked like a new dog.
Yep, she was a new dog--a crazy one!  She hasn't slowed down since.  Besides wanting to kill every small animal she comes in contact with, she likes jumping on people & nipping at me.  But she also likes to cuddle on my lap & clean the kitchen floor for me.  So we'll keep her.
Teddy got to name her, so her official name is Ginger Grant (from Gilligan's Island).  She's the star pupil at obedience class & she hasn't met a squirrel that she doesn't love to hate.  She's quite the gal.  And now the sexes are even in our house for the first time.  I guess I won't mourn the loss of Blue too much. 

1 comment:

Patt Kellar said...

Ginger looks and sounds like a great dog. I love the name. How are the obedience classes going?