This morning Teddy got a rare treat--Buster came along when I took him to school. Now for those of you who have never seen Teddy interact with Buster, it's hard to understand why we've tried to get rid of the dog before. After all, Buster is a great dog, one of the best I've ever known. But Teddy gets so over stimulated by him that it makes times they're together very...intense. Usually there's a lot of screaming, kicking, & squeezing. All this done by Teddy out of pure joy at seeing Buster. He honestly loves the dog dearly, but can't seem to control himself. And this is over 2 years later--he hasn't gotten used to his presence yet.
But today, we had a good time. Mostly because Buster could come into the passenger seat in the front when he got bothered too much, which was pretty much the whole drive there! Teddy was able to calm down after awhile, though, & we had some good quality time together. I may try to make this a regular thing on mornings I don't have to work.
Now, what does all this have to do with Childhood Stroke Awareness Day? Absolutely nothing! But I did want to share a few bits of info & some websites with anyone reading this. First, the above mentioned day is May 3rd. It will be the first Saturday in May from now on. If you're like me & enjoy watching the ponies run, you can remember it as being the same day as the Kentucky Derby.
Second, that kids can have strokes. Yes, most of you are aware of this now, but I just thought I'd throw that in there. What the hell.
And here are some of those websites. The first one is a cool site that a mother of a child that had a stroke set up: http://www.childhoodstrokeawareness.org/. Once you get there, click on Childhood Stroke Survivors on the left side--you'll see pictures of a bunch of kids who've had strokes, including Ted!
On that same page you can click on a link to go to cafe press, where you can buy T-shirts & other stuff for the awareness campaign. We'll be sporting our shirts May 3rd!
Then there's CHASA: http://www.chasa.org/. This is where I found the online support group I belong to. It's a great site for info & support. It was started by another mother several years ago, when she couldn't find anyone else out there who was going thru what her daughter was dealing with.
So there you go! Hope everyone has a great day!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment