The evil monster, strep, has raised it's ugly head again. It started on Halloween--Teddy felt funny & had a slight fever so I kept him home from school so he'd be in good shape for trick-or-treating that night. He seemed to be doing better as evening approached, but after going door to door for awhile he said he felt "really really weird" & wanted to come home. He went out again with Alan, but didn't do as much as he'd planned. He ate a mass of candy then went to bed.
At 2 AM he woke up & said he was horrible thirsty. After getting a drink he laid down in the cot in our room, but started to shiver. He was very cold & couldn't stop shaking, his teeth were even chattering. By 2:45 he had a slight fever (100) so I gave him some Tylenol, but the shaking continued even though he had about 4 blankets on him. This kept going on until 3:45, when I took his temp again. It was 104.9!!! We got dressed & were about to get Ted dressed when he puked all over our bed. We got in the car & while going to the ER he kept crying & screaming, saying that his sides hurt. After they shoved an extremely long q-tip up his nose & another down his throat, the results came back--good ol' strep.
Fast forward to last night, the 16th. We'd had a great weekend & every thing's cool when Teddy starts getting super crabby & foul. We take a walk & he starts saying again that he feel "really really weird". I give him Tylenol & get him to bed.
Pretty much the same story as Halloween, with out the ER or the puke. His pediatrician says some kids just seem more prone to strep than others. I guess I better start keeping track of how many bouts he has with it this winter!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment