We had a really great New Year's Eve! Alan's mom, cousin Rick, & Rick's daughter Allison came up on Tuesday & we've been having fun. It's so nice having other people around to talk to & do things with! Jill (Alan's mom) stayed home yesterday while the rest of us went to the zoo (Teddy tends to run thru the place, & Jill didn't want to go for a jog!) then the boys went to the little airport down in Festus while us girls went shopping to exchange Allison's gift. Then Rick & Alan went to test drive GTI's (Alan turned 40 on Sunday, so he needed his mid-life-crisis-man fix) & when they got back we ate snacks & watched Star Wars. At midnight the locals put on their usual show of fireworks & various other explosions & we all collapsed into bed.
Here's hoping we all have a fantastic 2009, & thank you for reading this blog. It's been quite a journey over the past few years, & sometimes when I go back & read past posts I don't know whether to smile or cry! I certainly don't know what the future holds, I only hope that we all get thru this with what's left of our sanity. For 2009 I hope I can regain more of my sense of humor & get a better perspective on my life. As time has gone by I've had to give up on a lot of my dreams, but I've also realized that many of those dreams weren't my own. I'm constantly trying to discover what I want & need in this life, but at the same time juggle that with the natural compromise of being part of a family. I'm glad I'm part of a family--it's hard, but it's rewards are priceless!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment