To say I've been behind on posting would be putting it mildly! It's been busy due to the holidays, plus it's still hard for me to find time to post because of work. When I worked evenings I never realized how much down time I had--I could check my email & look things up online most nights. When working days there are 2 problems I face: no time & not enough computers. When it's not busy I find myself just standing there, cause there's not enough chairs to even sit in, let alone computers to log on to.
Enough of my issues, Teddy is doing pretty good. I will say he's been in a really rough mood what with the excitement of the holidays & feeling sick. He's had a viral thing for awhile now, & some days are better than others. Overall he's been doing good though. He had a Christmas program at school that he did really well at--he had to recite a line & do a little marching dance (it was the Nutcracker & he was one of the soldiers).
The biggest news is he was nominated for student of the month! He hasn't been considered for that since kindergarten, which just goes to show what a great regular ed teacher he has this year. I didn't cry when they talked about why he was nominated, which is better than I did when he was in k-garten! He's really enjoying school this year & doing well socially. I'm so proud of him!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Suzanne, You must be very proud of Teddy's progress this year!! I always say it's the teacher in the classroom that makes the difference, not the school district you attend or the school. I'm so happy he has a great teacher this year. Perhaps his teacher could help with his placement next year.
As far as the testing is concerned, just think of it as a way for Teddy to get services. That's it! Everything else is just words and numbers that don't mean much!!! Some testing can help the teachers and therapists with programming, but mostly it's just words and numbers.
You're a great mom! Teddy is so lucky he has you and you're lucky to have Teddy!! Hang in there.
When could we get together? What is your work schedule? I'm pretty open most days.
Love, Aunt Patt
Post a Comment