We've had to up the AM dose on Teddy's Lamictal. He's been feeling like "the floor is moving", having a lot of staring spells, & having more headaches, so his neuro thinks it's increased seizure activity. The boy's certainly been growing enough lately, so I'm not too surprised! The only other issue is that all the above mentioned things (except the staring) can be signs of too much Lamictal in his system. He's on a pretty high dose for a guy his age, 300mg a day. We're supposed to keep an eye on him & make sure we don't see an increase in any of those over-dose symptoms. I went on Teddy's field trip to the Arch yesterday. I hadn't been on one with him in quite awhile, since he was tending to act about 10 times worse with me around than if I wasn't there! But yesterday went great. I was supervising him & 2 of his pals, Jacob & Dylan. It went great, & he even sat still during the Lewis & Clark movie. It was funny though, he'd lean over & whisper to me, "How much longer 'til this movie is over?" about every 5 minutes. But no overwhelming fidgeting or vocal outbursts--he did great! We didn't go up in the Arch, but man did he want to! I don't think I posted about in on here, but about a month ago he insisted on going up the Arch. Alan & I were very very nervous about it, sure he would freak out. First, it ended up being a rather crowded Saturday. We had to wait in line to go thru the metal detectors for almost an hour. The noise of all the people was loud. And we couldn't go up right away, but had to wait for about 2 hours before our tram ride. Then of course we had to wait in line for the tram ride. So Alan & I were on pins & needles the whole time, waiting for Teddy to melt down. And wouldn't you know it, he never did! He did absolutely wonderful & had a great time. Was relaxed on the bizarre ride up the leg of the Arch, & greatly enjoyed looking out the windows at the top at the river & some fountains downtown. Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming when Teddy is doing this good, but I sure don't want to wake up! |
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Med Increase
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment