Well, I'm sitting here writing because I'm putting off the inevitable--wrapping Christmas presents! Oh yeah, & finishing buying them too! Ah, Christmas--a stress headache with a big ol' bow on top.
Monday we meet with the behavior therapist, special ed teacher, & principal to go over the results of Teddy's functional behavior analysis. I'm optimistic since I talked with the BT last week & she told me she's glad we asked for this to be done--his behavior is getting out of hand at school & she thinks it's due to frustration. Well, Alan & I knew that, but it's good to hear someone else say it too!
I will try try try to post on here Monday night after the meeting so I can get down in print what went on. We're hoping that Teddy's case manager will be there too so we can have an extra set of experienced ears on our side. We've got a real peach of a case manager right now, & I want to use her as much as we can!
Teddy has been in a frenzy of holiday cheer. Or maybe just a frenzy, due to the holidays. Whatever it is, we've been experiencing some crazy roller coaster behavior. This comes as no surprise to us--how can a kid like Teddy not go nuts at Christmas? All kids go nuts at Christmas!!
We've been taking walks through the neighborhood each night to look at the lights. Teddy knows all the displays intimately, & is very disappointed when they aren't lit up. One of his very favorites is the house that has about 4 deer, 2 nutcrackers, 10 trees, a bunch of cool lights, & a moose. Yes, a moose. He's a No Moose, because he moves his head back & forth, as opposed to a Yes Moose, which would nod it's head up & down. Teddy has great admiration for the moose & the family that displays him each year. But last night they must not have been home, 'cause the lights were off. When Ted saw that, he just said, "How about we just skip this hill since the Moose Family didn't turn on their lights?" So we did! And we consoled ourselves with the blow up Santa on the next hill that is playing golf while Rudolph caddies for him.


No comments:
Post a Comment